Frequently Asked Questions
We get asked a number of questions about our products and services. Below is a list of the common questions we get asked and as time goes on we will add more to this list. If you have a question you would like answered and that question is not on the list below please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page or telephone 0333 700 1966.
Please select your question from this list:
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your internet browsing device (e.g computer, tablet or phone). Cookies don't store your personal details such as your credit card details, your name or your date of birth.
Which do you use?
Our site uses session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies operate from the moment you log on to the site until the moment you log off. Once you log off session cookies are deleted. Persistent cookies will not be deleted after each session.
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential to our site, if these are disabled, your experience on our site may be interrupted and you may not be able to use a shopping basket or make payment.
Performance Cookies collect anonymous data about visitors. We use the data to improve your future experience and identify issues that our users may be experiencing.
Functionality Cookies customise the look and appearance of our site. For example, a functionality cookie will remember your username and language preferences next time you visit.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies deliver advertisements which are tailored to your web activity. A targeting cookie tracks what you click on whilst on our site, and may share details of what you click on with other organisations such as advertisers. These cookies can also help us to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Third party cookies may be used on our website by approved organisations to provide services on our website.
What happen if I turn them off?
If you disable or delete cookies you may not be able to shop or access important parts of our site. Further information on cookies, including instructions on how to amend your browser settings to turn off cookies, is available widely online.
Any purchases made from 16th November up to 24th December are covered by our extended Christmas returns policy and will be eligible for an exchange, credit note or full refund providing:
- The product is unopened and in an “as new” condition.
- You contact our customer service team no later than the 8th January, or 30 days from the date of delivery (whichever is later) to inform us that the goods are unwanted.
We want you to feel confident that you made the right choice in your purchase. That’s why Polygon Direct (UK) Ltd offers a 30-day returns period. We will accept any item for a full refund provided that –
- Your item is complete and in an 'as new' saleable condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging)
- Any use of the product is relative to examining it, and ensuring it suits your needs. We can’t accept items that have obvious evidence of heavy use, such as scuffs, marks, or scratches.
- Polygon Direct (UK) Ltd does not sell products on a trial basis.
- It is returned with the original box, packing and any accessories you received with it.
- You have proof of purchase
- You also return any free gifts which came with the product, which also must be in their original packaging and in a saleable condition
We may accept returns within the Returns Period that do not fully comply with the above requirement, but we reserve the right to deduct monies from refunds where goods show signs of unreasonable use leading to diminished value.
If you exercise your right to cancel your order after the goods have been dispatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Polygon Direct (UK) Ltd at your own risk and cost.
There are a few exceptions
- Software, memory cards and DVD/Blu-Ray can only be accepted if still sealed. This policy is to avoid any potential breach of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (CDPA) 1988. All opened software is exempt from return under the terms of the distance Selling Regulations (SI2334/2000). Software that arrives damaged or is physically faulty may be returned under our normal returns policy
- We cannot refund any items that have been specially ordered to your individual specification or personalised
- We strongly recommend you use an insured delivery method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. If it is a large item, we can organise a collection for a fee of £10.
If you wish to return an unwanted item to us under our 30-day return policy, please let us know by contacting us.
We have found that many problems can be overcome by simply referring to your manual or user guide. If the goods still seem to be faulty please call us on 0333 700 1966 to discuss the fault and arrange the return.
If the fault occurs within the first 30 days, you will always have the option of a replacement item or a refund. If the fault has occurred within the first 6 months after delivery but after the first 30 days, we will always offer a replacement in the first instance. As an exception you may be offered a full or partial refund. After 6 months but within 12 months we will offer a repair only. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault and if no fault is found the product will be returned to you.
For full details on our returns policy please see our Terms and Conditions
We try to get all repairs done as soon as possible and as a guide we say that repair can take up to 6 weeks. Obviously it depends on the fault as to how long it may take as sometime parts are needed from other parts of the world. We try to keep all our customers up dated with repairs but if you have a question regarding your repair call us on 0333 700 1966.
The consumer contracts regulations 2013 regulations state that ‘once a buyer has informed you that they wish to cancel and return an order they should do so with 14 days’
We have to then refund the original purchase price within 14 days of receiving the goods back to us.
As before, we still have to refund the original delivery cost, BUT now only up to the cheapest standard delivery we offer.
- For example – you buy a product from our website for £10 with a standard shipping cost of £2.80 (Royal Mail 2nd class). However, you the customer, decides to upgrade and choose the 1st class option (£4.99) and then decides to return the product to receive a refund. We have to refund you the original cost of the product (£10) but only the cost of our cheapest shipping option (£2.80).
We have added the extract below which may clarify things a bit. More information can be found online.
Effects of withdrawal or cancellation
- If a consumer withdraws from a contract or exercises their right to cancel, both your and their obligations under the contract are ended. In addition, you must reimburse the consumer all that he has paid you, including any original delivery costs (you cannot charge any cancellation fees). However, if a consumer has expressly requested a delivery method that is more expensive than your basic cost, you are only obliged to refund your basic delivery cost - for example, if a consumer has opted for your next day delivery service rather than your standard method by second class post.
- You must reimburse the consumer without undue delay and within 14 days from the day after the consumer informs you of his decision. If the consumer is sending goods back to you, you need to reimburse within 14 days of the day you get the goods back or, if earlier, 14 days from the day you receive proof from the consumer that he has sent the goods back. You must reimburse the consumer using the same payment method he used originally but you can come to an agreement with the consumer to use an alternative method.
- Finally, you have a right to deduct an amount from the reimbursement (or charge a consumer) if he has diminished the value of the goods by handling them beyond what is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and function.
The Regulations establish a test as to whether consumers have handled the goods in a way beyond what might reasonably be allowed in a shop. This is likely to be a controversial area of the Regulations for both consumers and traders and will ultimately be a matter for a court to decide. However, the following examples will attempt to illustrate this concept:
- a consumer returns a shirt that comes in a presentation box, which he had opened and removed all the pins and packaging to try it on. It is reasonable to expect a consumer to remove packaging to try on or examine an item, so you should make no deduction for this
- a consumer returns a shirt, which you can see has clearly been worn. The consumer has not acted reasonably and you can make a deduction for diminishing the value
- a consumer returns flat pack furniture, which he has clearly attempted to assemble by opening packs of screws and trying to put parts together. The consumer has not acted reasonably and you can make a deduction for diminishing the value
Having said all the above, we want you to be as satisfied with us and our services as is possible and so we will try to resolve all issues to both our satisfaction.
The PayPal site is highly secure. they use industry-leading technology (such as SSL) to keep your information safe.
PayPal automatically encrypts all your confidential information using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Before you even register or log in to the PayPal site, it will use its servers to check that you're using an approved browser - one that uses SSL 3.0 or higher.
Once your information reaches the PayPal site, it resides on a server that is heavily guarded both physically and electronically. PayPal servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are not directly connected to the Internet, so your private information is available only to its authorised computers.
State-of-the-art fraud models and proprietary fraud engine work together to help stop fraudulent transactions before they happen. In addition, PayPal stays at the forefront of security, developing many anti-fraud technologies every year.
With PayPal, you've got the industry's most experienced fraud team on your side. PayPal processes billions of payments each year, allowing them to continually perfect their anti-fraud protections. As a result, PayPal's loss rate is significantly lower than the industry average. They also work with federal law enforcement offices to catch criminals.
PayPal is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. When you send money using PayPal, we do not see your bank account numbers or credit card numbers. We only see your email address, sign-up date and whether or not you have completed PayPal's Verification process.
We will continue to accept credit card payments over the telephone. However, we will NOT ship to a delivery address that differs from the registered card address unless we are able to verify that you are a customer with a history of ordering from us to your registered card address that dates back at least 3 months
PayPal is currently the only online payment option, and is automatically selected during the checkout process. Next day delivery however, is only available for PayPal accounts with confirmed addresses. There may be delays in shipping to customers with PayPal accounts who have not yet confirmed their address as these may be subject to additional security checks. Find out how to confirm your address
We accept all major credit and debit cards, including:
- Visa Electron
- Switch / Maestro
- We do not accept American Express
Unfortunately, we no longer accept payment by cheque.
Yes, all prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT and are at the prevailing rate. Our VAT number is GB46797568.
When your order is processed we won't take payment for out of stock items until they arrive and we are able to send them to you. When an order is dispatched in multiple consignments you will only incur one charge for delivery. Orders that contain 'when bought with' promotional items can only be dispatched once everything in the order is in stock; if you need in stock items in a hurry please place a separate order for those products. For confirmation on stock availability prior to order placement please call us on 0333 700 1966.
If your order has been despatched using a tracking service, you should have received an email from us giving you your tracking number if appropriate, (if you can't see your email, check your spam filter, they sometimes get caught in there!) Once you have your tracking number you can use the links below for the appropriate courier.
You can cancel your order before your order has been released to our warehouse by contacting us via email or telephone. However, there may be demands on our time during which we may not be able to respond to your request. Therefore, you must make all reasonable effort to contact us at least by 12.00pm on the day of ordering/despatch.
You can remove an item from your order up until your order has been released to our warehouse. Unfortunately, you are not currently able to change an item on your order via our website. If you wish to change an item on your order for something else, you will need to call contact us by email or telephone.
It is not always possible to obtain a date from our suppliers but as soon as we know you will be advised. If you would like us to try and obtain a date from our suppliers, please use the contact form (it may take us time to obtain this information so we will not be able to respond to you straight away but we will be in touch).
Ordinarily all products should be in stock. However, if a product is not is stock a label saying 'Not in stock' will be displayed on the product page.
When you order a product the system will take sometime to reduce its stock levels (if we are waiting for payment verification for example) this may lead to a product saying it's available when in fact the last one has just been sold. In these circumstances we will contact you asap and ask what you would like us to do. This could be to put the product on back order for you, choose another product or have a refund.
If a product is not in stock and we are awaiting delivery from our supplier, it may take around 10 days but sometimes longer. If you require this product please contact us and we will add you to our back-order list and will contact you once we have the product ready for despatch.
If any part of your order is not available for immediate despatch, during the checkout process you will have the option to despatch the available items immediately*, and despatch the remainder of your order when they become available, or you can choose to wait until all the items are available and we will despatch them in one consignment. If you choose to split the order we will despatch the available items in accordance with the delivery service you request, and the remaining items from your order will follow when they become available (at no extra cost). We will contact you before despatching any additional out of stock items.
* Orders that contain 'when bought with' items can only be despatched once everything in the order is in stock; if you need in stock items in a hurry please place a separate order for those products.
For confirmation on stock availability prior to order placement please call us on 0333 700 1966.
We are able to ship to most addresses outside the United Kingdom. Please contact us for information and pricing.
You don't need a doctor to tell you that exercise is essential for a healthy life. But if you don't already exercise, your doctor may need to advise you if it's safe to start.
Most people can safely take up walking. But it's best to check with your doctor before starting if:
• you are extremely unsteady on your feet
• you have dizzy spells or take medicine that makes you feel dizzy or drowsy
• you have a chronic or unstable health condition, such as heart disease (or several risk factors for heart disease), asthma or another respiratory ailment, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, or diabetes.
We at Yamax UK would always recommend you consult your doctor before taking up any exercise.